Ok, so every month can’t be amazing.
Here are the numbers broken down:
Assets increase: -$2,757.43
Debt decrease: $1,337.33
Net increase: -$1,420.10
My debt reduction was pretty much as expected, but my assets have decreased a bit.
It was a tough month.
- My boyfriend broke up with me and then returned, but I lost August’s rent in the deal.
- My car needed $512 worth of repairs.
- I went to visit my daughter which cost a total of about $330 (although some of that I would’ve spent on food anyway).
- My son was still under my financial roof until his first paycheck arrived.
- I lost my motivation, although those financial ramifications won’t be realized until September.
- I changed the way I was calculating my budget, and I don’t quite have it dialed in yet.
I can’t say that I’m not a little disappointed, but realistically we all know that every month can’t be an increase.
Previous net worth updates: