Starting next week, my schedule at my part-time retail job will be greatly reduced from about 26 hours a week to 12.
I. can’t. wait.
I literally have not seen my home for the past 3 weeks except to sleep. I have sooooo many things I want to do with all this time I’ll have.
- Visit my parents. I haven’t seen them in weeks, and they live only 7 miles away from me. My sister, who lives 3 hours away, sees them more often than I do.
- Paint my trim. In July, I had new siding installed on my house and now the color of the trim is all wrong. I bought the paint but have not yet had the time to paint it.
- Read books. I have a fall reading list, and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into them.
- Clean my house. I never have time to even wash a load of laundry.
- Exercise! My weight is back up again, and I want to establish a walking/running routine before the winter comes.
- See my friends. I have missed the entire summer of all the fun things they’ve been doing like tubing and outdoor concerts.
- Take care of my lawn. Luckily, it’s been dry so I haven’t had to mow my lawn in a month. However, it’s been raining this week so I’ll finally need to do it this weekend. And although I did freshen up the front landscaping once the siding was installed, I haven’t touched the back or sides, and frankly it’s gross.
- Clean out my basement. I’ve been meaning to do this for a year now.
- Clean out my car. It’s not bad yet, but definitely budding that lived in look.
- Art! I love to create mixed media pieces.
- Pick up Shifts. I know it won’t take me long to miss the extra money from this job. I’m excited to be able to pick up shifts to help out my co-workers, and the bonus is that I get to select the days and departments I want to work in.
What would you do if you had more time?